Thursday, June 26, 2014

Breakroom Series, #2

#2,   5" by 8" on drawing paper.


I'm a cashier. 

I'm grappling with that a bit this week.

This painting doesn't really help. 

I was all excited for my break time. "Here's my chance to be brilliant." My chance to take a slice of my day an do something amazing. I was hoping to find some left-behind object of a co-worker. 

Nope. And no time to ruminate on what was in front of me, do I dragged out this enormous broken juicer and put it in next to me on the floor. 

This is where the "work" part of being an artist comes in. 

I keep thinking about the quote by author Isabel Allende: "Show up, Show up, Show up, and after a while the muse will show up, too." 

This is me showing up. This is me trusting that this "muse" will appear. 

This is me doing this for real, without encouragement, without reassurance, without a pat on the back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment